Updated and Effective as of May 25, 2018
We will only process your Data by following applicable data protection and privacy regulations. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have legal grounds. We always consider your rights before
- Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with least data. We only collect and Process the least amount of Data needed for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to time. We will not save your data for longer than required.
- We will do our best to assure the exactness of data.
- We will do our best to assure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
These are the following rights for Data Subject:
- Right to information – indicating you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is collected, from where it is taken and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – indicating you have the right to access the data obtained from/about you. This includes your right to request and receive a copy of your Personal Data collected.
- Right to rectification – indicating you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – indicating in particular circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be deleted from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – indicating where specific conditions apply, you have the right to limit the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – indicating in some events you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – indicating you have the right to object to programmed Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a judgment based solely on automated Processing. This right you can practice whenever there is a result of the profiling that delivers legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to get your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we deny your request under the Rights of Access, we will present you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we collect
Information you have provided us with
SmartHomesInfo may obtain the following types of information from you or concerning your computer or device (“Information”), which may include information that can be used to identify you as specified below (“Personally Identifiable Information”):
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Blog or Website URL
- Social Networking Handle or Username
- Demographic Information (e.g., age, gender, interests, and preferences)
- Professional Title
- Activities or Content Viewed on SmartHomesInfo
- Information Collected Automatically ( detailed below )
- Information Received from Third Parties ( detailed below )
In some cases, we may request that you provide some of the Information identified above in order to obtain specific products or services. If you choose not to provide the Information we request, you may still use SmartHomesInfo.com, but you may be unable to access certain features or services.
When you register to receive any products or services from SmartHomesInfo or provide information to SmartHomesInfo in any other manner, you agree to provide only true, accurate, current and complete information.
Information automatically collected about you
SmartHomesInfo may automatically receive and log certain types of information when you visit or interact with our websites, services, mobile applications or other products, including:
- Browser Information
- Operating System Information
- Mobile Device Information (e.g., device identifier, mobile operating system, etc.)
- IP Address
- Internet Service Provider
- Content Viewed
- Geographic Location
- Connection Speed
- Time of Visit
- Referring Site, Application, or Service
- Registration Time
Information from our Partners
If you choose to use any third party website or service that is integrated with SmartHomesInfo, including a third party social networking or blogging site, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or WordPress (“Third Party Websites”) – or if you use any I’m Kind of a Big Deal application provided through any Third Party Website – we may receive Information, including Personally Identifying Information, from such Third Party Websites, including, but not limited to:
- Nickname or Username
- Photo or Graphic Avatar
- Unique Third Party Website Identifier (e.g., Facebook User ID)
- Biographical or Demographic Information (e.g. professional title, gender, college attended, etc.)
- Likes and Interests
- Any Information That Is Publicly Available on Third Party Websites
For example, SmartHomesInfo may offer the ability to use certain Third Party Websites to facilitate your registration on SmartHomesInfo. We may also use information about your profile and connections on Third Party Websites to allow you to share or connect with your friends and contacts on SmartHomesInfo or to personalize your experience. In addition, SmartHomesInfo offers “plugins” and “widgets” from various Third Party Websites that allow you to share SmartHomesInfo content off of our service, as discussed in “Disclosure of Information to Third Parties”.
Your decision to use, or share with, a Third Party Website when accessing or using SmartHomesInfo products and services is completely voluntary. SmartHomesInfo is not responsible for compliance with the policies or practices of any Third Party Website. You should ensure that you are comfortable with the information such Third Party Websites may make available to SmartHomesInfo by reviewing those Websites’ privacy policies and service terms, and by modifying your privacy settings and preferences on those Services.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide SmartHomesInfo products and services
- Fulfill your requests
- Improve our products and services
- Personalize and tailor your experience on SmartHomesInfo
- Operate our business
- Understand how users are engaging with SmartHomesInfo
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To identify you for communication purposes
- To provide you a service or to send/offer you a product
- To communicate either for sales or invoicing
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you personalized offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- To administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- To conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- For other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from the law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from the law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, the context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- The further Processing would not harm your interests and
- There would be an appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
Connected third parties:
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Stored data is encrypted when possible.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
Here are the cookies we use:
- Google Analytics – persistent cookie – 2-year duration – we use Google Analytics to improve the user experience on the website (you can opt out here)
- Redirection cookie – persistent cookie – 1-year duration – we redirect you to the language that is best suited from the country you are visiting from
- Popup cookie – persistent cookie – 1-year duration – we offer you the chance to be notified of new content and marketing materials
- Subscribers.com – persistent cookie – 10 year duration – you have to optin through your browser to receive anything through subscribers and you can opt out through your browser settings.
- YouTube – persistent cookie – 30-day duration – we embed YouTube videos onto our site to provide you with additional educational material.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.